Xbox and development studio Rare have announced that the seas have changed and a mysterious shroud covers it, as the fourth major content release for Sea of Thieves is available now to all plays, with the best news, its free.
A treasure trove of new content, Shrouded Spoils responds to feedback from the Sea of Thieves community and features new content and improvements to give a deeper and richer experience. From offering new twists on favourite encounters to giving new riches and spoils to uncover, Shrouded Spoils has something for everyone including:
· The addition of fog that can appear suddenly and cloak all manner of dangers at sea and on land.
· New Merchant Alliance items to find including the explosive Mega-keg, Crate of Ancient Bone Dust and Mermaid Statue Gems.
· More skeleton forts to take on as six new forts become active making nine in total.
· Improved skeleton ships including the addition of a new skeleton sloop, a new ‘Battle of the Devil’s Roar’ skeleton ship skirmish and the addition of roaming skeleton ships who display varying levels of aggression.
· New ways to express yourself including all-new ship customisations – cannons, wheels and capstans – and the time-limited ‘Wailing Barnacle’ ship and cosmetic set.
· A range of new Pirate Legend Commendations for Athena Levels 1-10.
· More frequent appearances from the Kraken (who’s also learned some new tricks), a range of new Megalodon variants to find and rewards and commendations for defeating these monsters.
While it will be a while until we get to venture into the Arena, this latest update will surely give crews something new to enjoy.