Overnight, Playground Games and Xbox announced that Forza Horizon 4 has gone gold, meaning it has completed main development and now it is being prepared for its September 28th early access and October 2nd global release.
If all that was not enough news, they have also announced the details of some of the cars, coming in the Day One Car Pack, the cars of Bond, James Bond.
The Best of Bond Car Pack features 10 cars from the James Bond films, including Goldfinger (1964) and The Man With the Golden Gun (1974), Skyfall (2012), Spectre (2015), and more. The car list features modern classics like the BMW Z8 from The World Is Not Enough as well as a bevy of classic Aston Martin models, including the most-featured car in Bond film history – the Aston Martin DB5.
Here’s the full line-up of James Bond Edition cars inspired by the films in the Best of Bond Car Pack:
• 1964 Aston Martin DB5 inspired by Goldfinger (1964), Thunderball (1965), GoldenEye (1995), Skyfall (2012) and Spectre (2015)
• 1969 Aston Martin DBS from On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969)
• 1974 AMC Hornet X Hatchback from The Man With the Golden Gun (1974)
• 1977 Lotus Esprit S1 from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
• 1981 Citroën 2CV6 from For Your Eyes Only (1981)
• 1986 Aston Martin V8 from The Living Daylights (1987)
• 1999 BMW Z8 from The World is Not Enough (1999)
• 2008 Aston Martin DBS from Quantum of Solace (2008)
• 2010 Jaguar C-X75 from Spectre (2015)
• 2015 Aston Martin DB10 from Spectre (2015)
Several of the cars in the pack will feature film-inspired gadgets that players will be able to view while in Forzavista mode. For example, the 1964 Aston Martin DB5 will feature numerous gadgets such as revolving number plate and extendable bumper rams. In addition, the Lotus Esprit S1 will feature a special body kit option inspired by the “Wet Nellie” submarine vehicle from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977).
For a lot of fans of the series, this maybe as close as they ever get to looking under the hood of some of the most iconic cars in cinema history.