Warner Bros Games have today announced that Middle-earth Shadow of War is making a return with a Definitive Edition. The game recently got a massive update, which removed all the microtransactions from the game, making it more enjoyable for all players. The Definitive Edition is set to release on August 31st for PlayStation 4, PC and Xbox One.
“Since Middle-earth: Shadow of War launched, we’ve continually looked at all of the feedback from our fantastic community and our fans, which has inspired us to keep improving the game and ultimately create a version that we are truly proud of,” said Michael de Plater, Vice President, Creative, Monolith Productions. “Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition brings together all of our free content updates and gameplay improvements, along with our Story and Nemesis Expansions, providing the very best experience for players. Whether you’re diving in for the first time or making your return to Middle-earth, there’s never been a better time to walk into Mordor.”
• Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion
• Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion
• Updated Post-Game: Streamlined post-game Epilogue (formerly Shadow Wars) with new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king and Dark Talion, plus new Masks of the Nazgûl player rewards.
• Nemesis System Enhancements: Numerous improvements bringing further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, along with added traits and behaviours for Orc enemies, more Legendary Orcs to encounter and more ways to get Training Orders.
• Powering Up: Follower level cap has been increased to 80, enemy Captain level cap has been increased to 85, greater XP rewards, new Prestige skills, upgrades and more.
• Gear Upgrades: Players can now use Mirian to raise the level of a piece of gear to their current level and use gems to re-roll abilities.
• Skins: Added player skins for Celebrimbor, Eltariel, Dark Eltariel, Baranor and Serka.
• Online Pit Fights & Conquests: Added search feature to challenge specific players' Overlords and fortresses in Friendly Mode.
• Endless Siege: Added feature to defend fortresses against never-ending waves of Sauron’s forces.
• Rebellion: Added feature to crush rebel Ologs and Uruks who undermine the Bright Lord.
• Photo Mode Upgrades: Capture every battle with new filters, frames and textures
• Difficulty Levels: Added Brutal and Gravewalker difficulty levels.
• Player Stats: Added player stats page to track in-game enemy kills, dominations and betrayals.