Electronic Arts have announced new details for the upcoming release of Fifa 19, which is hitting PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC this September.
First up, they have detailed the new ways that players can enjoy the mode, Kick Off, this refreshed Kick-Off opens up the mode with new match types, stat tracking, and more. Here is a little about what the new mode offers, but you can read all about it over on the official site.
In addition to Classic Kick-Off, which is simply a normal match without added visuals or modified rules, there are five new match types that players can choose from UEFA Champions League, House Rules, Best Of Series, Home & Away, and Cup Finals. Each type has a twist on the normal match experience in Kick-Off, keeping things interesting and fresh every time you play.
- UEFA Champions League — The most prestigious club competition in the world is just as integrated into Kick-Off as it is to the rest of FIFA 19. From group stage matches to the Final, you can set up a custom Champions League match with specific visuals, rules, and more that provide a realistic, immersive tournament experience.
- House Rules — If you’ve ever wanted to play a match in FIFA with different rules—or no rules at all—the House Rules match type is just for you. You can set up a match with a selection of custom rules, including No Rules, Survival, Long Range, First to . . ., and Headers & Volleys.
- Survival Mode— Each time a user scores a goal, a random player from the scoring club is removed (excluding the goalkeeper) to create a challenge for the player with a score advantage.
- No Rules — Anything goes in this match type, in which there are no offside calls, fouls, or bookings.
- Long Range— Any goal scored inside the box will count as one goal, but goals scored from outside the box count as two goals.
- First to. . .— This match type lets you set a custom win condition, whether it's first to score (golden goal), first to three goals, etc. The match will still play to the clock and go through full time, as well as extra time and penalties, if you choose.
- Headers & Volleys— You can only score in this match type with a header or a volley. Free kicks and penalties also count, but any other goal scored using your feet outside of a volley will be disallowed.
- Best Of Series — Play classic matches in a three- or five-match series to determine an overall winner.
- Home & Away — This is a two-legged match type in which you play one home and one away match to determine the overall winner. The winner is determined by the aggregate score, which is the team that has scored the most combined goals from those two matches. If the teams are level after two matches, the team with the most away goals will be determined the winner. If the teams are still level, the match will go to extra time, then to a penalty shootout.
- Cup Finals— Play your match as one of a handful of real-life cup finals, including the Champions League Final, Europa League Final, FA Cup Final, and others. Official kits, badges, match balls, and authentic broadcast overlays (for a select few tournaments) provide an authentic cup final experience.
Also, they announced for details about FUT, you can read about that here.