PlayStation has announced that God of War is getting a free update on August 20, that adds a New Game+ mode to the game, as well as a few new additions.
Aaron Kaufman, Community Strategist for Santa Monica Studios had this to say, "This is easily our biggest update to God of War. We’re certainly looking forward to seeing who completes Give Me God of War New Game+ mode first. That’s a feat! Thank you, thank you, thank you for your patience and allowing us the development time necessary to create New Game+."Here are the additions and changes that players will experience when they start over with the new mode.
- • Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armours, enchantments, talismans, resources and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.
- • Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves!
- • Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
- • Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customisation options with extremely powerful new armour sets and enchantments.
- • Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full play through has been completed.