May 19, 2018
No Man's Sky comes to Xbox One this July
Hello Games founder, Sean Murray was on Inside Xbox recently and announced that No Man's Sky would be releasing on Xbox One on July 27th and included in that release would be the addition of a full multiplayer experience.
“Multiplayer completely changes the No Man’s Sky experience; it’s emergent, fun and intense in ways we always wanted it to be. I’m so happy this is finally happening,” said Sean Murray, founder, Hello Games. “It is genuinely exciting to be able to fully realize the potential so many people could see in No Man’s Sky. This will be our biggest update yet and we’re pumped to be bringing Xbox players along on the journey with us now too.”
If you already have the game on PlayStation 4 or PC, then you will happy to know that the same day that the full game hits Xbox One, the multiplayer update will arrive to those platforms as well.
Here are just some of the features included with the multiplayer update:
• Explore the infinite universe with your friends, or bump into random travellers
• As you voyage together, friends will help you stay alive, or prey on others to survive
• Build bases from tiny shelters to complex colonies that you create as a team and can be seen by the community
• Be a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and foes
• Race exocraft across weird alien terrains and create tracks to share online
The game will also see a retail release on Xbox One at the same time, so those without the means to download the game, will be able to enjoy it still.