February 08, 2018
Blade of Galadriel comes to Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Warner Bros Games have annoucned that Middle-earth Shadow of War has today grown even more with the release of the story expansion, Blade of Galadriel, which allows gamers to play as the Elven warrior Eltariel for the first time.
Known by her enemies as the Blade of Galadriel, Eltariel is a deadly assassin working for the Elven Queen, Galadriel, and has been sent to Mordor for millennia to hunt the Nazgûl. Players will also get the chance to wield Eltariel’s dual Elven blades and harness the Light of Galadriel with a host of deadly new combat abilities, skills and gear.
All new nemesis characters will also be included in the release, such as Flint, Tinder and the Slayer of the Dead, while battling the Nazgûl and learning more mysteries of their past. If that was not enough, there will also be eight unique Legendary Orcs who can return to join your forces in the main story campaign with new abilities added to the Nemesis System.
Additionally, several new free content updates are also available today for Middle-earth: Shadow of War owners, including:
• Nemesis System Enhancements – Orc Captains (whether friends or foes) can exhibit new traits and behaviors, adding further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, such as:
• Tunnel Rat – Orcs can burrow into the ground and summon Ghûls.
• Sniper Shot – Archers can fire from great distances with pinpoint accuracy.
• Tremor – Ologs can pound the earth with tremendous force, staggering nearby threats and heavily damaging structures.
• Gifts of Treasure – Followers can now bring players the gift of a Treasure Orc, providing even more ways to earn Gems and Mirian.
• Photo Mode Upgrades – New filters, frames and styles, along with adjustable expressions and added stickers, giving players more options for customizing in-game action shots.
• Player Skins – Choose to appear as Talion or Eltariel in the main story campaign.
• Training Orders Update – Players can now upgrade their Orc Followers with Training Orders while in the Garrison, saving time and offering more flexibility in deployment.
• Player Stats Page – New menu for players to track a variety of in-game statistics, including the number and type of enemy kills, dominations and betrayals; fortresses conquered and defended; gear pieces collected and upgraded; and many more.
• Field of View Options – More ways for players to customize the user interface and scale their field of view.