Blizzard has announced that StarCraft Remastered will be releasing worldwide on August 15 and the game is now available for pre-order on the Blizzard Shop.
All players who pre-purchase before 15 August will receive three unique building skins for use in StarCraft: Remastered—the Char Hive, the Korhal Command Center, and the Aiur Nexus. Additionally, those who purchase StarCraft: Remastered will receive digital bonuses in StarCraft II, including the Alexei Stukov co-op commander and three unique portraits that celebrate StarCraft: Remastered.
“Nearly 20 years ago, StarCraft welcomed millions of gamers to an epic sci-fi universe—and also helped form the foundation for esports as we know it today,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “Passionate gamers around the world are still playing Brood War, both with friends and competitively, so we're modernising the technology behind StarCraft so that they can continue to enjoy the game for many years to come.”
- Full graphical upgrade of the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion
- Widescreen UHD support for up to 4K resolution
- New matchmaking and leaderboards
- Player profiles that track individual statistics
- Cloud saving for campaign progress, hotkeys, and replays
- Higher fidelity music and sound
- Switch between Remastered and the original StarCraft with the click of a button!