Apple announced during their WWDC Keynote, an all new model iPad, the iPad Pro 10.5 inch and it is available to purchase today, with delivery happening next week.
The new 10.5-inch model reduces the borders by nearly 40 percent to fit into an incredibly compact package that still weighs less than 500 grams. Combined with powerful new iPad features in iOS 11 coming this spring, like the all-new Files app, customisable Dock, improved multitasking and deeper integration of Apple Pencil, iPad Pro gives users the ability to be even more productive and creative.
“These are by far the most powerful iPads we’ve ever created with our most advanced displays featuring ProMotion, the powerful new A10X Fusion chip and the advanced camera system of iPhone 7,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s vice president of Product Marketing. “Together with iOS 11 these new iPad Pro models will radically change what users can do with iPad.”
- a new customisable Dock that provides quick access to frequently used apps and documents from any screen;
- improved multitasking, including a redesigned app switcher that brings Spaces® to iOS, making it easier to move between apps or pairs of active apps, used in Split View and now Slide Over;
- the new Files app that keeps everything in one place, whether files are stored locally, in iCloud Drive or across other providers like Box, Dropbox and more;
- Multi-Touch Drag and Drop, which is available across the system to move text, photos and files from one app to another, anywhere on the screen;
- a new document scanner in Notes, which lets users easily scan single or multi-page documents, removes shadows and uses powerful image filters to enhance readability; and
- deeper integration with Apple Pencil, with support for inline drawing to write along text in Notes and Mail, Instant Markup to easily sign documents, annotate PDFs or draw on screenshots, and a new Instant Notes feature, which opens Notes from the Lock Screen by simply tapping Apple Pencil on the display. New searchable handwriting makes it easy to search for handwritten text or characters.