Sony Mobile has announced that the Xperia XZ will be in stores for purchase on October 20th and can be ordered direct from Sony or through Telstra starting today.
"We’re excited to be partnering with Telstra and JB Hi-Fi to launch the new Xperia XZ in the Australian market,” said John Featherstone, Managing Director of Sony Mobile Communications, Oceania. Perfectly suited to the Australian way of life and love of photography and the outdoors, Xperia XZ delivers exceptional camera technology that lets you capture every moment as you see it, with blur-free images day or night, and triple image sensing technology that goes from standby to capture in 0.6 seconds.”
Some of the phones more impressive features can be found below, the complete technical breakdown can be seen here.
- Enhanced camera experience with innovative triple image sensing technology to capture blur-free photos even with subjects in motion in beautiful true to life colour in any situation
- Predictive Hybrid Autofocus which tracks subjects automatically as they move across the frame to help you capture those special moments
- 23MP main camera which goes from standby to capture in 0.6 seconds and a 13MP low light selfie front camera for the selfie perfectionist
- 4k recording with advanced image stabilisation so you can now capture sharp and crisp footage even when moving
- Unified design with loop surface for a beautiful fit in the hand
- Optimised by learning and adapting to usage habits to provide an enhanced user experience
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820 processor
- New Battery Care(1) complemented by Qnovo adaptive charging to keep your battery healthy and make the lifespan last up to twice as long(2).
- IP65/68 water and dust-resistant to handle life’s little spills and mishaps