Microsoft has announced that PlayerUnknown's Battleground will be leaving Xbox Game Preview and going to full release on September 4th, which is not to far away.
• The Xbox One debut of the Sanhok map. Inspired by the islands across Southeast Asia, Sanhok is a 4×4 compact battleground. The map might be smaller, but the battles won’t be, with speedier games and circle dynamics that have been adjusted to bring battles to a dramatic finish more quickly. Sanhok will introduce all-new weapons and vehicles in addition to the debut of dynamic weather changes for the first time on Xbox One.
• The arrival of War Mode on Xbox One, a deathmatch-style battle royale gaming experience where players hunt each other in a static zone, respawning you back in with a parachute and weapons if you’re killed. Teams get points with kills and reviving teammates, and the team that reaches certain points in the game wins the battle. War Mode will make its hands-on debut on Xbox One at gamescom 2018 in a can’t-miss experience in the Xbox booth.
• Achievements that will carry over from Xbox Game Preview to Full Product Release.
• The introduction of in-game currency to purchase cosmetics, Event Pass: Sanhok, which will allow players to open up more missions, more levels, and tons of permanent rewards on the Sanhok map, and much more. We will share much more detail about these products, how they will work and some of the cool content you’ll be able to unlock closer to 1.0 launch.
• The full product release of PUBG for Xbox One will be available in both digital and retail disc versions, with the retail boxed version featuring an all-new colorway of the game’s iconic key art.
Celebrating the announcement, Xbox has announced that a special edition Xbox One controller will also be releasing on October 30th.