- CA was founded in 1987. We started out porting Amiga titles to DOS.
- The original Shogun: Total War (2000) started life as an RPG based on the Ming-dynasty Chinese novel Journey To The West.
- In our early days, we very nearly relocated to Singapore.
- Before Total War took off, we made rugby, cricket and Australian Rules football games.
- As of August 2017, CA employs over 500 people at our studios in the UK and Sofia, Bulgaria.
- We have 8 major projects in the works, four of which are unannounced.
August 03, 2017
Creative Assembly celebrates 30 years
Creative Assembly are today celebrating 30 years of being in business, which is a great achievement for an independant studio. The studio was founded in 1987 and has worked on some of the biggest names in the industry, like Halo Wars 2 and the stunning Alien Isolation. Here's some stuff you may not know about Creative Assembly.
To celebrate 30 years of awesome strategy games development, xenomorph terrorising and gratuitous goblin-tossing, CA is gifting Total War: WARHAMMER players with 30 new Regiments of Renown. Fortifying the Race-rosters of the Beastmen, Bretonnia, Chaos Warriors, Norsca and the Wood Elves, this significant update is available free and easy through Total War Access.