Activision have released details about the upcoming private beta for Call of Duty WWII, including things like the maps you can play on. The beta begins first on PlayStation 4 and access is only available to those that pre-order the game.
The beta will obviously be more for the testing of the teams hardware and game services, than a full experience, but players who opt to join the beta, can look forward to the following.
- At least three Multiplayer maps, including: Pointe Du Hoc, Ardennes, and Gibraltar.
- A game mode called War: Operation Breakout. This new mode, called War, developed in partnership with Raven Software, is a new way to play Call of Duty Multiplayer in an immersive Allied vs. Axis fight across the war-torn village of St. Lo, France.
- Standard game modes – Fan-favorite modes, including Team Deathmatch, Domination, and Hardpoint.
- Divisions – Enlist in the Infantry, Expeditionary, Airborne, Armored, or Mountain Division. You are not limited to any one Division, and are encouraged to try them all!
- Progression – Players will begin at Soldier Rank 1 and rank up through a limited progression to unlock weapons, scorestreaks, equipment, and Basic Training Skills.
- Headquarters – We’re testing the match-making of this all-new social experience, but access to this space will not be active during the Multiplayer Beta.
- Supply Drops, and Loot – These customization features that add depth and personality to your soldier will not be included in the Multiplayer Beta.
- Esports – Ranked Play, Game Battles, and our suite of competitive features will be accessible when we release in November.
- Additional content not in the Private Multiplayer Beta includes: full progression, remaining maps and modes, additional War Mode maps, and the full armory of weapons, scorestreaks, Basic Training, and equipment.