Blizzard is gearing up to celebrate one year of Overwatch, the game will get a new seasonal event to celebrate, Overwatch: Anniversary, a free play weekend and a game of the year edition.
The upcoming Anniversary Event begins on Wednesday, 24 May, 2017 AEST/NZST. To mark the milestone, the Overwatch team released a video that shows off just what has happened in the past 12 months, check it out below.
In addition to Overwatch Anniversary, we will be hosting another Free-Weekend from 27-30 May. During this time, Overwatch's full roster of heroes and maps will be available to play in a variety of modes, including Quick Play, Custom Games, and the latest Weekly Brawl. Players will also have the ability to level up, earn Loot Boxes, and unlock a variety of different customisation options. If players decide to purchase a copy of Overwatch after the Free-Weekend they will keep any progress made during the weekend.
Finally, on May 24th the Overwatch: Game of the Year edition will be released for all platforms, PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and will give players a host of new content. Here is what is included:
- Overwatch - 10 Bonus Loot Boxes - Enjoy 10 bonus Loot Boxes which each contain random items that can be used to customise the appearance of your heroes, and personalise them. Loot Boxes may include Skins, Emotes, Victory Poses, Voice Lines, Sprays, and Highlight Intros, as well as Credits you can use to acquire many different customisation options.
- Overwatch - Hero Skins - Pay homage to the original Overwatch strike force by wearing the vintage Blackwatch Reyes or Strike-Commander Morrison skins. Explore other heroes’ origins with Overgrown Bastion, Security Chief Pharah, and even Slipstream Tracer!
- Heroes of the Storm - Tracer Hero - Jump into the Nexus with Tracer and surprise your enemies in the blink of an eye.
- World of Warcraft - Baby Winston Pet - Adorably cuddly and highly intellectual, the Baby Winston pet will be at your side as you fight your way through Azeroth.
- Diablo III - Mercy's Wings - Slay demonic forces throughout the High Heavens and Burning Hells as you don Mercy’s wings. All of Sanctuary will know of your allegiance to Overwatch!
- StarCraft II In-game Portraits and a Hearthstone Card Back! - With portraits of Tracer, Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Bastion, and Soldier: 76, you’re sure to become a champion of the Koprulu Sector. You can also battle it out in Hearthstone with an Overwatch-themed card back fit for a hero!