Nintendo Australia has announced that they have partnered with Capcom to bring Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers to Switch gamers in Australia and New Zealand on May 26th for the discounted price of $59.95, both in store and via the Nintendo eShop
The team at Perfectly Nintendo were able to record a live demo off Japanese TV yesterday, check it out below.
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers takes players back to where it all began, and with a host of new control options, multiple game modes, online play and the inclusion of Lite controls for newcomers, friends will be able to experience Street Fighter in a whole new way. When the Nintendo Switch console is docked and by simply removing both Joy-Con controllers from the console, friends can fight for glory from the comfort of their living room, or put their differences aside and team up against the CPU in Buddy Battle. And the Nintendo Switch console can be carried anywhere, empowering warriors to test their might in cafes, at train stations, and any other location to battle all-comers, simply by standing the console upright using the stand and handing a Joy-Con to an opponent.
- In Arcade mode, a single player must defeat 12 warriors on the path to becoming the World Warrior champion
- Prepare for intense co-op battles as two friends can team up in Buddy Battle to throw down new two-player combos and attack their opponents from both sides
- Fight locally against a friend or against the CPU in Versus mode
- Go online and fight against the best players across the mode in either ranked or casual matches
- Brush up on old skills – or learn new ones – in the training mode before taking on new challengers
- In the brand new mode called Way of the Hado, players can play a unique first-person mode and experience what it’s like to be Ryu. By using motion controls to perform moves, players can fight off an onslaught of opponents using the iconic Shoryuken (dragon punch), Tatsumaki Senpukyaku (hurricane kick), and Ryu’s fireball super combo, Shinku Hadoken