Electronic Arts has announced that they are working on the next expansion for The Sims 4, but this time, they want the fans to help them decide what to include.
Fans can head to The Sims Blog and make their voice heard, which in turn will help shape the course of the expansions content. The questions fans can answer, will be similar to those that the team at Maxis, ask themselves during the course of development.
While development at Maxis has always been collaborative and influenced by community feedback, the development of the new Stuff Pack will be transparent in a brand new way. Players will have the chance to be included in choosing the specific features through numerous rounds of voting, and participating in a new dedicated section of The Sims forums, while gaining insight into the meetings that take place during development.
Voters will be able to register there interest in a number of polls, which, depending on the results of one, will change the ones that follow it. Here is the schedule for the polls.
- Theme Vote (April 4th - April 7th): Select the overall theme for the pack. Every part of the pack will be influenced by this key decision.
- Art Style Vote (April 11th – April 13th): Players will select between proposed art styles for the pack, which will guide Maxis concept artists in the objects and clothing they create.
- Objects & Clothing Vote (May 19th – May 22nd): Fans can browse through the concept art developers have drawn for the pack, and select their top choices to help determine which objects and pieces of clothing are included.
- Feature Vote (June 24th – June 27th): Players get to select the top gameplay feature(s) they want to have included in the pack.
- Pack Icon Vote (Spring): Players can peruse different icons and help select the one that will appear in the pack's box art and within the in-game catalog.
- Pack Title Vote (Spring): Fans will help select a title that best summarizes the pack's atmosphere and content.