Frontier have announced that the Spring Update for Planet Coaster is almost here, in fact the update will launch on April 11 and bring players new rides, both thrilling and flat, as well as park security.
Planet Coaster’s Spring Update is Planet Coaster’s second major expansion following December’s Winter Update, offering huge new creative opportunities for Planet Coaster players. Today Steam’s Planet Coaster Workshop is home to almost 100,000 community creations, and April’s Spring Update will open the door to even more variety and creativity.
The Spring Update is called that, as the country where the game is made, jolly old England will be celebrating their spring when the update is released.
The Planet Coaster Spring Update includes:
- New Rollercoasters
- Steel Hydra. Feel the G-force aboard Planet Coaster’s first suspended swinging coaster.
- Trident. Go there and back again with the first of Planet Coaster’s two new shuttle coasters.
- Bakasura. Trident’s bigger, badder brother is a thrilling inverted boomerang coaster.
- New Tracked Ride
- ‘Speed’ Go Karts. Design your own karting tracks using Planet Coaster’s powerful track editor and see your guests put pedal to the metal! Who will win and who will spin?
- New Flatrides
- Elixir Machine. 360 degrees of spinning, swinging, twisting, upside-down insanity.
- Big Wheel. An iconic favorite from the golden age of theme parks.
- ZoZo. The long-armed ZoZo is another addition to Planet Coaster’s lineup of vintage classics.
- New Feature
- Crime and security. Dissatisfied guests may vandalize park scenery, and pickpockets will infiltrate your park to steal other guests’ cash. Keep your law-abiding guests safe with security staff and CCTV cameras.
More details will be announced over the coming weeks, as we get closer to the updates release, you can keep an eye on them right here.