Plantronics have today announced the release of the RIG 800HS/HX, the first wireless headset with up to 24 hours of battery life, perfect for those long sessions on the Xbox One or PlayStation 4.
“At Plantronics, we understand the importance of providing gamers with tangible benefits that make them better players,” said Peter Petrides, Director of Gaming Products with Plantronics ANZ. “The RIG 800 series is designed for superior wireless performance and unmatched playtime combined with lightweight comfort and precision controls. As gamers ourselves, we strive to develop products for a whole range of player styles and needs. This is reflected in our extensive line-up of RIG headsets.” - Peter Petrides, Director of Gaming ANZ at PlantronicsThe HS is the PlayStation 4 compatible headset, the HX is for Xbox One. For those that love a good series of specs, you can find them below.
- Mic frequency response 100 Hz–10 kHz
- Mic sensitivity -45 dBV/Pa
- Mic signal-to-noise ratio >42 dB
- Mic pick-up pattern Uni-directional
- Headset weight 290 g/10 oz
- Headset frequency response 20 Hz–20 kHz
- Headset impedance 32 ohms
- Headset sensitivity 111 dBSPL/V
- Headset maximum input power 40 mW
- Headset drivers Dynamic 40 mm
- Headset charge cable 1.2 m/3.9 ft
- Base station cable 1.2 m/3.9 ft
- Wireless distance (range) Up to 10 m/32.8 ft
- Headset charge time Up to 4 hours