HyperX have been making waves of late with their low cost, but high powered gaming headsets and today sees the release of the next one, the HyperX Cloud Stinger.
HyperX Cloud Stinger weighs just 275 grams and is built with 90-degree rotating ear cups to provide hours of comfort for console and PC gaming. The lightweight headset includes 50mm directional drivers that are tilted to position sound directly into the ear, resulting in a broader and more accurate in-game sound. HyperX Cloud Stinger also offers a convenient set of features for gameplay, including a swivel to mute the microphone, an adjustable steel slider for long lasting durability, and volume controls on the headset.
The best part of all of that, is that the headset is priced at only $79, making it one of the cheapest gaming headsets out there.
“Building on the success of HyperX Cloud Gaming Headsets designed for gamers of all skill levels, including professional eSports athletes, our new Cloud Stinger brings our quality to all players, no matter their budget or expertise,” said Ann Bai, Sales Director, APAC Region, HyperX. “The Cloud Stinger rounds our line of Cloud Gaming Headsets to deliver consumers a broader range of premium in-game audio for gaming, music, entertainment, and more.”
For those who live by the numbers, the breakdown of the specs in both the headset and the mic can be found below.
- Driver: Dynamic, 50mm with neodymium magnets
- Type: Circumaural; closed back
- Frequency response: 18Hz-23,000Hz
- Impedance: 30 Ω
- Sound pressure level: 102 ± 3dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
- T.H.D: ≦ 2%
- Input power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
- Weight: 275g
- Cable length and type: Headset (1.3m) + Extension Y-cable(1.7m)
- Connection: Headset - 3.5mm plug (4 pole) + extension cable - 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Uni-directional, Noise-canceling
- Frequency response: 50Hz~18,000Hz
- Sensitivity: -40 dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)