505 Games has announced that on June 24th, Terraria will finally see release on Wii U, check out the debut trailer below.
The long-awaited Wii U Edition of Terraria features intuitive touchscreen controls to allow players easy access to the world of Terraria, as well as several multiplayer options such as four-player local split-screen co-op and eight-player online multiplayer. Players can also post achievements on Miiverse leaderboards to track progress.
“Terraria on Wii U offers an amazing new experience on the Wii U gamepad,” said Dean Scott, Producer at 505 Games. “Using the gamepad touch screen controls, the Wii U version allows players the unique ability to dig deep into Terraria’s universe and build complicated structures by simply drawing on the screen.”
On top featuring the same gameplay that is loved by players on the other platforms, the Wii U version will also come packed in with the following additions:
- 14 different environments such as eerie dungeons, slippery ice wastes, wild jungles and more;
- Hundreds of craftable weapons, armor and items;
- More than 150 enemies ranging from zombies to armies of goblins;
- Epic boss battles that test players’ combat skills;
- Vast worlds of exploration that introduce new potions, magic, gear and more.