As we slowly inch closer to the gates of Hell one more time in the upcoming DOOM, Bethesda have released details of the 9 mulitplayer maps that will come with the game at launch.
Bethesda promise that each of the maps are unique in their own way, but they all share a common theme. For starters, you’ll need to stay in constant motion to stay alive; every map is constructed to keep the action brutally fast-paced. These multi-tiered combat arenas are littered with hazards, and packed with items that can turn the tide of combat at a moment’s notice. And while they all have secrets for you to uncover, none of them are built to allow for easy sniping or hiding points.
This is the list of maps available to players when DOOM releases on May 13:
- Excavation. A modest-sized UAC mining outpost. Watch out for the rock grinder!
- Infernal. A mid-sized Hell map with both interior and exterior elements. Lots of platforms and chasms, along with teleporters.
- Chasm. This massive map takes you deep below the polar ice caps of Mars. A great place to play Freeze Tag.
- Disposal. This smaller map is the main waste processing facility for the UAC research and residential complexes. Unsurprisingly, it’s full of radioactive slime.
- Helix. This is where they experiment on demons and develop advanced weaponry. Which, naturally, makes it perfect for a quick round of Clan Arena.
- Perdition. Disjointed and sadistic, this ancient arena is populated by the agonized moans of unfortunate souls who have suffered within its realm.
- Sacrilegious. Set within a fracture of Hell, this map offers clear lines of sight. Move fast… or die faster.
- Heatwave. An industrial UAC facility with glistening halls that will soon be slicked with human (and demon) blood.
- Beneath. Before being beamed to Earth, the energies of Hell are harnessed in this symmetrical and cavernous location.
The game has a beta starting soon, which will give some players the chance to experience these maps before the full games release.