Blizzard have announced that fans who are not able to make it to Anaheim for the annual Blizzcon event will still be able to join in the fun with a Virtual Ticket. Getting one of these tickets will allow you to watch a variety of panels online that cover developer panels, interviews and community contests, which is again being hosted by Wil Wheaton.
“BlizzCon is the ultimate Blizzard community event, and we’re thrilled to give even more people around the world a chance to be a part of it with the Virtual Ticket,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “Whether they’re hearing cool news about their favourite game, cheering on the community contests, or getting behind-the-scenes insight from the developer panels, we want everyone at home to feel like they’re right there with us.”
Here is a run down of what fans can expect to get with their virtual ticket.
- Developer Panels – Get the scoop on the latest developments for your favourite Blizzard games, including World of Warcraft®, StarCraft® II, Diablo® III, Hearthstone®, Heroes of the Storm™, and Overwatch™—live from the main and panel stages.
- Community Contests, Hosted by Wil Wheaton – Don’t miss a minute of the legendary BlizzCon costume and talent contests on Friday night—emceed by writer, podcaster, TableTop creator, and champion of geek culture Wil Wheaton.
- Exclusive Interviews – Go beyond the latest announcements and get even more insider info from members of Blizzard’s development teams in a series of in-depth interviews.
- Closing Ceremony – Every Virtual Ticket holder gets a great seat for the closing celebration, which wraps up two days of Blizzard gaming and eSports action in style—stay tuned for more details.
- On-Demand Replays – Miss a panel or just want to relive an awesome moment? The Virtual Ticket provides access to on-demand replays of main-stage and panel-stage events (available for two weeks after the show)
- In-Game Goodies – As a bonus, the Virtual Ticket also comes with this year’s commemorative BlizzCon in-game goodies for a variety of Blizzard games—more details soon!